Yummy brownies for Valentines! How about baking some for her?
1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate chips
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup unsalted butter
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp coffee powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
1 pc egg
1. In a bowl, melt the chocolate chips.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the egg, then add the sugar gradually. Mix well.
3. Add the softened butter, melted chocolate, salt and baking powder. Mix thoroughly until smooth.
4. Add the flour gradually and mix well. (Do not add all at once!)
5. Add the vanilla extract and coffee powder, then mix until all ingredients are well combined.
6. Preheat oven to 150 ºC.
7. Pour the mixture on a baking pan. (Note: If you are not using a non-stick baking pan, you have to grease it first.)
8. Sprinkle the chopped almonds on top .
9. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
10. Remove the brownies from the oven and let it cool down.
11. Slice and place it on a serving plate, then serve. (Note: Slice it using plastic knife or ceramic knife to cut it cleanly.)
12. Share and happy eating!
Credits: May Hock
Photo by: Kitchenistang Pinay