Did you know that Chocolate Chip cookies originated in United States of America, it is composed of dough, butter and brown sugar with small morsels of chocolate inside it.
Everybody loves this simple cookie recipe because of the chocolate chips, that melts in your mouth as you munch on your cookies. My favorite cookies plus chocolate chips all in one. Small chocolate chips tucked inside the cookies!
This recipe is easy, quick and simple to do at home. You can keep it in jars for a quick coffee break snack. Your kids can also help making these homemade cookies.
Have fun and happy cooking! Don’t forget to drop a comment if you tried this recipe and let us know if you have any question.
You may also try our delicious Eggnog Cookies recipe!
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
3/8 cups margarine
1/4 cups Caster sugar
1/4 cups brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp hot water
175g self-raising flour
1 tsp vanilla essence
55g dark chocolate chips
Mama’s Guide Instructions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees C.
2. Cream together the margarine, Caster sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
3. Beat in the egg then stir in the vanilla essence.
4. Dissolve baking soda in hot water and add to batter.
5. Stir in self-raising flour and chocolate chips.
6. Drop by large tablespoons onto an ungreased pan.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes in the preheated oven or until edges are nicely browned. Leave them to cool. Yields 10 large cookies.
8. Serve with warm tea and enjoy!
Tip: You can drop small teaspoons instead to yield more cookies. These would require less cooking time, around 10 minutes.
Homemade Self rising flour:
To make your own, combine 1 cup of all-purpose flour with 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. And you are right to worry about the shelf life of self-rising flour: the baking powder will lose its potency over time, which means your baked goods won’t rise as they should.
Recipe By Dorriane Campbell