Binignit or ang Masarap na Ginataang Halo-halo! Masarap ang Binignit lalo na sa mahal na araw. Holy week is not complete without our favorite merienda since childhood, Binignit!
Tara ating lutuin!
• 1 cups sweet potatoes (kamote), diced
• 1 cup taro roots (gabi), diced
• 2 cups purple yam
• 2 cups plantains (saging na saba), diced
• 1 cup ripe jackfruit (langka), sliced
• 2 cups colorful tapioca pearls, cooked
• 12 to 20 pieces glutinous rice balls (bilo-bilo)
• 1 cup granulated white sugar
• 4 cups coconut milk
• 2 cups water
Mama’s Guide Instructions:
1.Place water in a large cooking pot and apply heat. Let boil.
2.Put 1¾ cups of coconut milk then wait until it re-boils.
3.Add-in the sweet potatoes, purple yam, and taro roots and simmer for 8 minutes.
4.Add-in the remaining coconut milk, sugar, and glutinous rice balls then stir. Simmer for 7 minutes.
5.Add the plantains then cook for an additional 2 minutes.
6.Put-in the jack fruit and cook for 2 minutes more.
7.Slowly slide-in the cooked tapioca pearls then stir. Simmer for 1 minute.
8.Turn off heat and transfer to a serving plate.
9.Serve either hot or cold. Share and enjoy!
Adapted Recipe from Panlasang Pinoy