- 1 whole Native chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium size ginger, sliced
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns (Pamintang bilog)
- 3 Red Hot Chilis (Siling Haba)
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- salt to taste (optional)
- 1 bundle lemongrass (Tanglad)
Mama’s Guide Instructions:
Place Native Chicken and lemongrass in a saucepan, add water, and bring to a boil
Add the cup coconut milk and combine all ingredients.
Put chopped onion, ginger, pepper and garlic.
Boil the Native chicken for about 30-60 minutes or until done it depends on how old your Native chicken.
Add salt to taste and red hot chili then simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve hot with lots of rice.