Chef’s Maja Blanca
5 cups of coconut milk
2 1/2 cups of evaporated milk
4 cups of white sugar
1 cup of corn kernel
1 cup of cornstarch
Grated cheese for toppings
Chopped nuts for toppings (optional)
Raisins for toppings (optional)
Mama’s Guide Instructions
1. Bring to boil coconut milk in a stockpot over low heat.
2. Simmer coconut milk for 10 minutes.
3. Adding in gradually the white sugar and corn kernel.
4. Dissolve cornstarch in evaporated milk and then pour in slowly and gradually to the coconut mixture. Mix well.
5. Allow to cook while stirring until the mixture reaches your desired thickness.
6. Pour the mixture in a serving tray then arrange and flatten the top using a flat tool such as a wooden spatula.
7. Allow to cool down then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
8. Garnish with grated cheese, nuts or raisins. Serve Chilled.