- 700 g chicken breast/legs
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Spice paste
- 25 g turmeric root peeled
- 1 stalk lemongrass (use the bottom 8cm of the stalk, discard outermost tough layers)
- 100 g shallots peeled
- 40 g garlic peeled
1. To make the spice paste: Using a pestle and mortar, pound turmeric, lemongrass, shallots, garlic grinder until it is well blended.
2. To prepare the chicken: Marinate the chicken pieces with the salt and spice paste for at least 1 hour or better still, overnight.
3. To grill the chicken: Pre-heat the oven at 190˚C for 10 minutes. Grill the chicken on the top rack of the oven for 15 minutes. Increase the oven temperature to 220˚C and grill for another 5 minutes. Leave the meat to rest for 10 minutes before slicing them into thick cuts and serve.