- 2 c cassava flour
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 c evap milk
- 1/2 c coconut milk
- 1 c young coconut (macapuno)
- 2 pcs egg (yolk and white beaten separately)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 c butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 Egg Yokes
- 1/3 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2/3 Cup Coconut Milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Sift together the measured baking powder and cassava flour.
3. In a mixing bowl, cream butter until smooth. Add sugar gradually and mix well.
4. Alternately add egg yolk, dry ingredients and milk. Mix thoroughly in one direction until well blended.
5. In a separate mixing bowl, beat the egg white until stiff peak forms.
6. Fold in the mixture to the beaten egg white.
7. Pour the mixture in an ungreased baking pan. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until top is no longer wet.
8. In the meantime, mix well all ingredients for topping. When top of cake is no longer wet, spread topping evenly on cake.
9. Bake an additional 20-30 minutes.
10. Allow to cool before serving.