- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon pepper, rub
- 3 (14 ounce) cans 33% reduced-sodium chicken broth (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 medium onion
- 12 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 lemon
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened (I use 4 ounces,must be very soft)
- 1 (14 ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 1/4 cup cups capers, drained and rinsed
- chopped fresh parsley
- grated fresh parmesan cheese
1 Cut chicken into 1-in. pieces. Combine chicken, 1 tablespoon of the oil and rub in a large bowl; toss to coat. Heat remaining oil in a skillet over medium-high heat 1–3 minutes or until shimmering. Add chicken to hot skillet; cook and stir 10 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and centers are no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
2 Meanwhile, pour broth into bowl, cover and microwave HIGH 8–10 minutes or until broth comes to a boil. On clean cutting board, chop onion. Add onion to skillet; cook 10–20 seconds or until onion is and fragrant. Carefully add broth and pasta to Skillet; cook, uncovered, 7–8 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
3 Zest lemon to measure 1 tablespoon. Juice lemon to measure 2 tablespoons. Add zest, juice and cream cheese to skillet; stir until cream cheese is fully incorporated. Add chicken and artichokes to skillet. Cook, covered, 1–2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat; stir in capers. Garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese, if desired.
4 Cook’s Tip: To substitute Lemon Pepper Rub, in Step 1, toss chicken with 1 teaspoon each salt and coarsely ground black pepper. In Step 2, add 2 pressed garlic cloves to onion; cook as directed. In Step 3, increase lemon juice to 3 tablespoon.
#mamasguide #mamasguidehome #happycooking
Disclaimer | We do not claim that these recipes or photos are proprietary to us. We have just found these over the web. If this is yours and you would like it to be removed and not shared with others, please feel free to let us know.