HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN EMBUTIDO
- ½ kilo ground chicken
- 1 piece chorizo, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon pickle relish
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 medium-sized carrot, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- ½ cup bread shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- salt to taste
- 6 regular sized hotdogs, casings removed (1 hotdog per embutido roll)
- 1/3 block cheddar cheese, sliced into vertical strips
Combine all ingredients except the hotdog and cheese in a bowl. Usually this would make around 6 rolls.
Divide the mixture into 6 portions on pre-cut aluminum foil you don’t like hotdog and cheese in you embutido, you can proceed with step 4.
Lay one hotdog and the cheese strip beside it on each portion of the mixture. As for my roll, I usually place 2 cheese strips beside 1 hotdog. Cover the hotdog and cheese with the meat mixture in such a way that the hotdog/cheese combo is sandwiched within the meat mixture.
Roll the aluminum foil, enveloping the meat mixture inside and twist each end to seal.
Steam for 30-40 minutes. #DIYForDummies