- 3 1/2 to 4 pounds of chicken pieces: drumsticks, wings, breasts, thighs, etc.
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Juice from 2 small lemons, (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups (or more) of canola oil for frying
Wash chicken pieces.
In a large bowl, combine chicken, 1 tablespoon salt, pepper and lemon juice. Mix well. Set aside and marinate for at least 30 minutes up to an hour.
After 30 minutes, crack eggs into bowl. Add flour and 1 teaspoon salt and mix until chicken is well coated.
Heat oil in a wok or heavy skillet over high heat until temperature reaches 375F. Reduce heat to medium. Use tongs or cooking chopsticks to lower chicken into the fat, one piece at a time.
Chicken should be completely immersed in oil and do not crowd the pan.
Fry chicken until golden brown and tender, turning the pieces, if necessary, so they brown evenly, about 10 to 15 minutes. When done, drain on paper towels. Use a slotted spoon or a wire mesh strainer to remove any debris from the oil then continue frying the rest of the chicken.
Serve hot with Thai sweet chili sauce.