Follow the easy steps on how to make Steamed White Puto! Happy Cooking mga ka-MGR. Enjoy and Have a wonderful day! ?
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered milk
1/2 cup + 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
2 tbsp baking powder
1 1/4 cup water
3 egg whites
Do not add the sugar all at once. Read the instruction carefully.
Over-mixing the batter will affect the texture of the puto.
1. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, powdered milk, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and water. Using an electric hand mixer, mix well until smooth. Then set aside.
2. In separate bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat the cream of tartar, the egg whites and the 1/4 cup sugar until stiff.
3. Combine the two mixtures gently (the mixture #1 & #2), just use fork or hand mixer or spatula in mixing it. DO NOT use an electric hand mixer. Do not overmix.
4. Grease the mold cups that you will be using.
5. Pour the mixture in the greased mold cups, about 3/4 full.
6. Steam for 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Remove the mold cups from the steamer. Let it cool down.
8. Remove the puto from the mold cups, then serve.
9. Share and happy eating!
Join Us in Mama’s Guide Recipes Group
Click here to join