Chicken Galantina or Rellenong Manok and sometimes also called Chicken Relyeno is tradionally cooked for Filipino Christmas eve celebration (Noche buena). It’s a boneless stuffed chicken with ground pork and other special ingredients like boiled eggs, pickles, raisins, vienna sausage or hotdogs and carrots. Just always remember that over stuffing your chicken with tons of ingredients may not always be a good idea or it will taste like halo halo. With a simple combination of ingredients it should taste perfectly delicious.
If you’re thinking of a chicken recipe to prepare for Easter Sunday, potluck party or other occasion, why not try this special recipe. You may prepare this for special occasions such as birthday, thanksgiving, anniversary, holiday celebrations. To learn how to debone a whole chicken, just watch in it in youtube and everything should be easy peasy once deboned chicken is prepared. It is always better if you marinate your chicken in coconut aminos (or soy sauce) and lemon. It will taste even better when premarinated overnight before stuffing.
For Chicken Galantina gravy sauce you may try this recipe.
1 big chicken (1 1/2 kilo)
2 grams ham, chopped finely or 4 pcs. Vienna sausage
1/2 kilo ground pork, doubled grind
2-4 eggs, hard cooked
6-8 pieces olives, chopped finely (alternatively raisins or pickles)
1 medium carrots, boiled & chopped finely
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground white pepper
2 carrots cooked whole
1/4 cup grated cheese
1 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
Softened Butter or olive oil
2-3 tablespoon Coconut Aminos (or Soy sauce)
2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
Materials: Thread and a needle
1. Clean and debone whole chicken. Rub with salt and pepper (in and out). Premarinate overnight with soy sauce and lemon juice if you have more time. Set aside.
2. Mix together all ingredients except boiled eggs.
3. Stuff 1/2 of mixture in chicken. Arrange the boiled egg on top of mixture.Then, spread remaining mixture.
4. Do not overstuff chicken or the skin would burst while cooking. Sew opening.
5. Place stuffed chicken in baking pan and brush with olive oil or butter all over. Cover with cheese cloth or foil. Use a pan just big enough to pack in chicken, so stuffings will be firm when cooked and chicken can easily be sliced evenly.
6. Preheat oven (350 F) for 10 minutes. Bake for 1 hour or until done. Then uncover and continue to bake for additional 30 minutes or until skin is golden brown (internal temperature reaches 165°F).
7. To test, prick chicken with toothpick and when toothpick comes out dry, it is then cooked. Cool for 30 minutes before slicing.
8. Transfer into serving platter lined with lettuce or wilted banana leaves (to add aroma to you’re chicken). Finaly, garnish with slices of vienna sausage and grapes at the side.
Enjoy! Serve with your favorite Homemade delicious gravy recipe.
#mamasguiderecipes #happycooking #happyholidays
This recipe goes well with our delicious homemade:
Thank you for dropping by our website!
Do subscribe to our daily recipes by clicking Yes to “ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS” in the pop up Red Bell button.
You may comment on this post using our Facebook Comment by clicking through links posted on our Facebook page.
Do you have any questions about this recipe? Do you have any concern about the ingredients, substitute or any cooking tips? Just comment below for any feedback. We’d love to know your thoughts.
Kindly rate back our recipes if you tried it and you’re satisfied. Thanks a lot for supporting our website.
Photo by @lynne_c4