Start a better day with a sumptuous meal and delicious servings of Garlic-Smoky Longganisa! Try this recipe to learn how to cook your own from ingredients right in your kitchen.
It’s definitely a good morning with yummy eats of Garlic Smoky longganisa! #LetsCookMGR
1/2 kg of ground beef
1/4 kg of ground pork fat
2 heads of garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of salt
2 teaspoons of native vinegar
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 teaspoon of ground pepper
Sausage casing or wax paper for skinless longganisa
2 cups of water
1. In a bowl, mix ground meat, salt, vinegar, paprika, garlic and pepper. Combine well.
2. Cover bowl with a plastic wrap or transfer into a container with a cover. Let it marinate in the fridge overnight.
3. Tie or close the end of the sausage casing. Insert the nozzle of a funnel to the open end of the casing. Scoop the meat mixture into the funnel and gently pack into the casing.
4. Once filled, tie a knot to enclose.
5. To create some space or links, twine around 2 to 3 inches interval.
6. Once in the casing, longganisa mix may be put in the fridge for a day to dry before freezing. It may also be stored in the chiller for days or in the fridge.
7. Heat a frying pan and bring to boil water. Add in longganisa, simmer for 20 minutes using low heat.
8. Using the same pan, discard water and add 3 tablespoons of cooking oil to fry the longganisa. Cook until golden brown.
9. Best served with sunny-side up egg and fried rice. Enjoy!
Photo by Chefs Classic