1 piece of Lapu-lapu fish
1/2 cup of flour
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup of oil, canola or vegetable
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 piece of onion, cut into 4 parts
1 thumb sized ginger, julienned
1 piece of red bell pepper, julienned
1 piece of green bell pepper, julienned
1 piece of carrot, julienned
2 tablespoons of light soy sauce
2 tablespoons of rice wine
8 tablespoons of tomato sauce
5 tablespoons of vinegar
5 tablespoons of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of cornstarch
1. To begin, clean and season the fish. Coat it with flour and fry until crispy.
2. In small bowl, combine together the soy sauce, rice wine, tomato sauce, vinegar and sugar. Add 500 ml water and set aside.
3. Dilute the cornstarch in 6 tablespoons of cold water. Set mix aside.
4. Heat the oil in your Fry pan.
5. Saute the garlic, ginger, bell peppers and carrots for two minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
6. In the same pan, add onion and cook for two minutes.
7. Add tomato sauce mixture and let it boil.
8. Mix in the cooked vegetables.
9. Stir in the diluted cornstarch. Continue stirring until the sauce thickens.
10. Add water to adjust consistency.
11. Simmer for a few minutes, and season to taste!
12. Pour the sauce on the fried Lapu-lapu, and serve immediately.
13. Share and Enjoy!