Boiled sweet potatoes – 1 cup
Butter – 100gms
Cocoa powder – 60 gms
Soft brown sugar – 175 gms ( Adjust according to your taste )
All Purpose flour – 120 gms
Baking powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Choco chips -1/4 cup
Vanilla essence -1 tsp
Salt – a pinch
1) Preheat the oven at 180 C and grease an 8×8-inch baking tin which has to lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil .
2) Heat the butter in a saucepan over low heat or in the microwave until melted. Remove from the heat, add the cocoa powder , brown sugar and vanilla essence and stir until well combined
3) Add the eggs and mashed sweet potato to the cocoa mixture and mix well. In another bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Then add to the sweet potato mixture and fold until well mixed – take care not to over mix
It took 15 minutes to make the batter.
4) Spoon the batter ( the batter will be dense ) into the baking tin and smooth the surface with a spatula, sprinkle choco chips . Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the surface is cracked and a skewer comes out clean.
5) Remove from the oven and let it cool in the tin for 5 minutes . Cut into squares and transfer to a cooling rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce.