1 cup brown sugar
1 cup all purpose cream
3 tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
Mama’s Guide Method:
1. Keep all the ingredients measured and ready.
2. In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, melt butter on low heat.
3. Before the butter melts entirely, add the sugar at medium-low heat.
4. Turn the heat down and let the sugar melt. This should take 5 minutes.
5. When the sugar turns fully liquid, add the cream and whisk till uniformly combined. Let it simmer on low heat for 2-4 minutes. Make sure you keep stirring occasionally. Also, make sure not to burn the sugar.
6. Once it starts bubbling, turn off the heat and pour in a stainless steel bowl.
7. Add half the vanilla and half the salt. Give it a taste, if there is room for more then add the remaining salt and vanilla or until you get that butterscotch flavour.
#mamasguide #mamasguidehome #happycooking