Indulge into an ultimate chocolate treat. A simple crowd-pleaser yet decadent. And oh yes, it takes only 3 ingredients and 20 minutes to make. Awesome!
Chocolate Mousse Recipe
3.5 oz dark chocolate (100g)
¾ cup whipping cream (180ml)
50g marshmallows (8 big)
Optional: ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Chocolate sprinkle or shredded chocolate
1. In a microwave safe bowl, add in 3 1/2 oz of dark chocolate, ¼ cup of whipping cream, and 8 big marshmallows. I used Rocky Mountains mega marshmallows and mildly sweet Hershey’s special dark chocolate. Baking dark chocolate like Nestle noir with 52% cocoa is fine for this recipe. Microwave it for one minute. Make sure that you use big enough container because marshmallows rise. And stir a little to roughly combine. Then microwave for one more minute and stir until homogenously mixed.
2. Whip ½ cup of whipping cream without sugar until thick. And pour 1/3 of whipped cream into now-cooled chocolate mixture and fold to combine.
3. Pour the remaining whipped cream and fold until and homogeneously mixed. In baking this is a good way of mixing light mixture and dense mixture. ½ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract is optional here. C
4. Chill in the refrigerator if you prefer cool chocolate mousse.
5. Whipped cream, on top of the mousse and chocolate sprinkle or shredded chocolate, and a small waffer on top.