2 tablespoons of olive oil
5 cloves of garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
1 piece of fresh root ginger, about two inches, peeled and thinly sliced
1 piece of lemon grass, pounded
500 grams of chicken breast, deboned and cut into cubes
2 liters of chicken stock
2 cups of glutinous rice
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup of chopped spring onion
1/4 cup of garlic, toasted
5 pieces of calamansi, sliced
1. Heat the olive oil in a Saucepot over medium heat. Sauté the garlic, onions and ginger in the hot oil until fragrant.
2. Add the chicken, and cook until brown.
3. Add rice, lemon grass and chicken stock.
4. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
5. Add water to adjust consistency.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
8. Garnish with spring onion, toasted garlic and serve with calamansi.
9. Serve. Share and Enjoy!
Cooking Tips: Best with boiled eggs or fried tokwa (tofu).