“I love carrot cakes but I decided to infuse this one with apples and bake as a loaf. It’s so easy to make and the carrots and apples make it really moist. Enjoy!”
Carrot Apple Bread
1 large egg
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup grated carrots (about 1 large peeled and trimmed carrot)
3/4 cup grated apples (I used 1 medium apple)
1. Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
2. Greased one 9 x 4.5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
3. In a large bowl add the the first eight ingredients, through nutmeg, and whisk to combine.
4. Sift in the flour, add baking powder, baking soda and fold with spatula gently until just combined; don’t over mix.
5. Add the carrots, apples, and fold gently to combine.
6. Turn batter out into the prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
7. Bake for about 45 to 50 minutes or until the top is golden, the center is set, and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
8. Allow bread to cool in pan for about 15 minutes before turning out and cooling completely.
Place a cover on your pan, or use a foil at 35 minutes if you feel the tops and sides will become too browned before center is cooked through.
Special Thanks to Dodo’s Homely Bakes