(BROWN RICE CAKE)
1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1/2 tablespoon annatto powder diluted in 1/2 cup water
1 cup water
1 teaspoon lye (lihiya) water
1. In a mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
2. Add the annato water and the other 1 cup water.
3. Mix thoroughly, strain to remove lumps.
4. Pour in the molds and steam for 30-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
5. Once cooked, let cool before removing from the molds.
6. Serve with grated coconut.
Cook’s Tip: Use a drop of red food coloring if annatto is not available.
Adapted from a recipe by: www.pinoyhapagkainan.com