Pretty in pink! Great for baby shower themed party..so cute and delicious too.
Pretty Pink French Macarons
For the macarons:
1 cup almond flour
2 cups icing sugar
3 egg whites
1/4 cup white sugar (granulated)
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/8 tsp salt (or a pinch)
drops of red gel food color
For the filling:
3 tbsp. fresh pure raspberry juice, (alternatively any red colored juice)
1/4 cup salted butter
3/4 cup icing sugar
You can choose any filling as desired. If you want a white macaron just omit the gel food colouring.
- For the macarons: In a mixing bowl, sift the almond flour and the icing sugar. Mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the egg whites, salt, cream of tartar, granulated sugar and drop of red gel food coloring (using an electric mixer) until it forms a peak.
- Combine the two (2) mixtures, the mixture #1 and mixture #2. Just use a spatula. Fold gently until just combined.
- Place the mixture in an icing bag or pastry bag.
- Pipe out 1 inch rounds on the baking tray with a baking paper. (Gently tap the tray 3 times with the macarons on it, to release the air inside the macarons.)
- Let them sit out for 20-30 mins, or up to an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 100 degrees Celsius.
- Bake the macarons for 18-20 minutes. (Just keep an eye on it, so it doesn’t toast or burn. All ovens bake differently!)
- Remove the tray from the oven. Let it cool down before removing the macarons from the tray.
- For the filling: In a mixing bowl, mix the softened butter, icing sugar and the raspberry juice. Then set aside.
- Get a pair of cooled macarons, put the filling in between. And you’re done!
- Share and happy eating!