This beef pares mami recipe (camto) is a flank steak part of the beef which is very flavourful. Whether you like the Beef Pares with rice or Beef Pares Mami, this recipe is so delicious like no other recipe out there.
Remember the secret to a perfect beef pares aside from the spices used, is the tenderness of the beef or fall off the bone meat. So make sure the beef has achieved the perfect tenderness by simmering it for atleast 1 hr and 45 minutes up to 2 hrs (depending on how thick is your beef). Cook it in pressure cooker or crockpot if you have one.
BEEF PARES MAMI RECIPE (CAMTO)
For the pares:
1 kilo Beef / Baka (Camto or flank steak)
1 pc onion / Sibuyas (whole, peeled)
1 tbsp 5 spice powder, (Ngohiong)
2 tbsp chili garlic sauce
3 pcs Star Anise
¼ cup Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Patis (fish sauce)
2 tbsp cornstarch
5 tbsp water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tbsp sesame oil
For the Mami:
800 grams miki or egg noodles (cooked)
½ head of Chinese cabbage, chopped
6 pcs hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
salt and pepper to taste
spring onions for garnishing
fried garlic for garnishing (optional)
1. For the Beef Pares: In a pot, boil ad simmer beef with onions until beef is cooked and becomes tender. (About 1 hour to 1 ½ hours).
2. Drain Beef, and continue to simmer broth. Add a little bit of salt and pepper or seasoning. Set aside and keep it warm.
3. In another wok, season drained beef with five spice powder, patis, chili garlic sauce, star anise and soy sauce. Simmer in low heat.
4. Mix and dissolve cornstarch and water. Then add to beef. Stir until sauce becomes thick.
5. Add sesame oil and stir for 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat. Set aside.
6. In a serving bowl, arrange and place the chopped Chinese cabbage and egg noodles or miki.
7. Pour some broth on the bowl just enough to cover the egg noodles and some pieces of beef. Garnish with sliced hard boiled eggs and spring onions.
Serve Hot and Enjoy!