Pancit Bihon Marikina with lechon kawali or real Lechon is a kind of Pancit I tried from Marikina. They call it Pancit Bihon con Lechon. In Marikina their pancit is made of Miki and Bihon combination with lots of Lechon baboy toppings. Absolutely delicious!
Pancit Bihon con Lechon Kawali
- 500g bihon noodles, soaked in water (dried rice vermicelli)
- 750ml (3 cups) water
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 medium cabbage, shredded
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned, about 1 cm each
- 1 cup sliced Baguio Beans (fava/French beans)
- 1 chicken broth cubes
- 2-3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 kilograms Lechon Kawali, precooked and chopped
- In a pan, heat some cooking oil to saute garlic until slightly brown. Next, add the onion and saute for about a minute or two or until onions are soft.
- Toss in cabbage, carrot, and beans and cook. Toss until the vegetables are almost tender. Set aside a portion of the veggies for the toppings/presentation later.
- Add 3 cups of water and dissolve the chicken stock cubes and soy sauce. Let it simmer over low heat.
- Remove water from the noodles and drain well and add it on the pan. Toss well to blend. Season with fish sauce and sesame oil to taste.
- Add in half of the chopped lechon kawali.
- Transfer in a serving platter then garnish the remaining veggies, lechon kawali on top of Pansit.
- Serve with calamansi and sprinkle with chopped green onions.
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
LECHON KAWALI (Tagalog Version)