Another version of Kalderetang Batangas sa Buto buto na may gata with a kick of Spicy Birds eye chili pepper. This recipe did not use ready made tomato sauce. But used a traditional style of cooking Kaldereta. For some who doesn’t know it resembles Beef stew. But this one is much tastier because it has additional ingredients, like liver spread that makes it unique from beef stew. It has a kick of sweetness from pickle relish and it didn’t used tomato sauce but fresh tomatoes. The natural reddish color came from atsuete. Try it today…it is absolutely delicious.
Kalderetang Buto Buto sa Gata ala Batangas
1.5 kilos beef Spareribs (buto-buto)
2 tbsp. Star Margarine
2 tbsp. Sweet Pickle Relish
3 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1 cup coconut milk (or coconut cream)
1 small can Liver Spread
2 pcs. large Potatoes cut into cubes
1 cup grated Cheese
1 tsp. ground Black Pepper
1 tsp. Chili Powder
1 tbsp. Achuete Seeds (dissolved in 1/2 cup water)
5 cloves minced Garlic
1 large Onion chopped
3 pcs. large Tomatoes chopped
Salt and patis to taste
Birds eye chili for garnish
1. Using a casserole, saute garlic, onion and tomatoes in margarine.
2. Add beef spareribs, worcestershire sauce, sweet pickle relish, salt, pepper and 5 cups of water. Place lid and let it boil and simmer until meat becomes tender, check and add water as needed. (Make sure meat is tender, it is one key factor in cooking delicious kaldereta)
3. Once meat becomes tender. You can then add potatoes, chili powder, coconut milk and atsuete juice (squeezed from seeds and drained). Place back lid and let potatoes cook.
4. Finally, add liver spread and grated cheese.
5. Add salt, patis and pepper to adjust taste.
Also check out our latest recipe:
Thank you for dropping by our website!
Do subscribe to our daily recipes by clicking on Subscribe.
You may comment on this post using our Facebook Comment plugins too.
Do you have any questions about this recipe? Do you have any concern about the ingredients, substitute or any cooking tips? Just comment below for any feedback. We’d love to know your thoughts.
Kindly rate back our recipes if you tried it and you’re satisfied. Thanks a lot for supporting our website.
Mga Luto ni Dennis
Special Photo Courtesy of Chiiee Loves Toto