If you have been around Bonifacio Global City in Pasig, you probably know Locavore Restaurant. You just gotta try their own version of Sizzling Pork Sinigang series. This is absolutely new and yummy twist of Sizzling recipe you cant missed. Try making some homemade version today!
Yield: 2-3 servings
1.5 lbs pork belly, cut into thin strips
1 teaspoon cornstarch
5 shallots or baby red onions (unpeeled)
5 cloves garlic, peeled
7 cherry tomatoes
125 g string / french beans
2 tbsp oil
1/4 cup water
1 bunch kangkong
1 knorr seafood cube
5-8 pcs calamansi
1 pack knorr sinigang mix
1. Put red onions and garlic in foil with salt and pepper and roast at 375 F for 15 minutes. Set aside.
2. Using a pressure cooker, add your cubed pork belly with oil and water (just enough to cook pork) and cook for 20 minutes.
Transfer and drain meat and liquid separately from the pressure cooker. Set aside in 2 bowls for later.
3. For the sauce: In another pot, pour the liquid broth used from boiled pork (just enough broth to make a sauce) and combine with the sinigang mix, seafood cube, and ½ cup water. Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer in low heat.
4. Reduce blanching liquid into half, just enough to make the sauce for your pork.
5. In a small bowl, mix calamansi and cornstarch. Mix well and add to the blanching liquid. Once the liquid starts thickening up, remove from heat and strain it.
6. In another pan, heat some oil and place the pork belly and cook until all sides are colored, drain from oil and Put in a serving plate.
7. Slightly roast the cherry tomatoes in the same pan where you cooked pork belly and allow them to roast for 2 minutes. Add onion and garlic to the pan and heat up the plate. Set aside for plating
8. Pre cooking veggies:
Blanch the kangkong for 30 seconds, and then blanch beans for 2 minutes in hot water. Drain and set aside.
9. Serving Preparation:
Add pork belly, string beans, roasted cherry tomatoes, onions, garlic and kangkong on your serving plate. Pour sauce on top of the plated dish and enjoy!