Got no oven? Learn how to cook this melt in your mouth Yema cake dessert. Made simple and no baking required. Dive in and satisfy your guilty pleasure. This is one of Mama’s Guide original version of the famous yema cake everybody loves.
How to make a Yema Cake from a Hotcake Mix
250 grams Maya Hotcake Mix
1 Medium Egg
2 tbsp butter/olive oil
3/4 cups water
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
Yema Caramel Toppings:
5 Egg yolks
1 can Condense milk 380grams
1 can Evaporated milk/fresh milk 150 grams
3 tbsp butter
2 tbsp Vanilla extract
1 cup grated cheese
*Prepare an aluminum foil patterned from the bottom of your rice cooker stainless bowl. Put it upside down and place the square foil and cut it using a scissor along the edge. (Optional)
1. Beat 1 egg in a bowl.
2. Add in 2 tbsp butter or oil
3. Add in Hot cake mix, water and vanilla extract.
4. Using a whisk or fork, mix it together until it becomes lumpy and smooth.
5. Grease your rice cooker stainless bowl and place a round aluminum foil to cover the base. Grease top of the foil with oil/butter too.
6. Pour in Hotcake mixture.
7. Place your rice cooker stainless bowl on a rack and steam it under a pan of boiling water. Around 10-15 mins. Make sure to use high heat and cover the steam tightly to prevent the steam from coming out. This is to make sure your pan cake is cooked well and quick. (para umalsa maigi ang bread)
8. Your pan cake mix should be cook when toothpick comes out clean from inserting it in the center of your pan cake.
9. Once your cake is cooked. Let it cool and and run a knife along the edge to loosen it when you put it upside down. I used my hands to gently loosen it up.
Yema Caramel Instructions:
1. Combine all Yema ingredients in a bowl and pour it in pan using lowest heat. Continuously stirring to avoid sticking and burning
2. Stir approximately 10 mins or less. Hint that its already cooked: your yema covers the back of your spoon. Don’t overcook yema or it will be hard when cooled. You should be able to pour it evenly on your cake once it is cook. So it will have a perfect glossy finish.
3. Top it with grated cheese.
Ready to serve!
Thank you for dropping by our website! Please subscribe to our daily recipe notifications.
Don’t forget to Pin us to PINTEREST. You can comment your question there and we’ll be glad to answer your question or feedback about the recipe.
The star ratings are for those who tried to cook our recipe. Kindly rate back the recipe if you tried it and you’re satisfied.
Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.