Homemade Peanut butter you can easily make at home like your favorite classic Lily’s Peanut Butter. 100% guaranteed fresh, no msg that may cause Alzheimer’s disease and no preservatives that can cause cancer. How is that to you? Way better than ready made. You will need a food processor to make this peanut butter.
Homemade Peanut Butter
- 1 kilo peeled peanuts (White, dry and without peel)
- 1 cup honey ( or 2 cups refined sugar)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (optional if sticky texture is desired)
- Salt to taste
(Note: you can cut the recipe in half or ½ kilo peanuts if you want to try it first)
- Using low flame, heat your pan and roast the peanuts. Keep roasting the peanuts and stir constantly to even out roasting. For about 15 to 20 minutes. Let it cool once done.
- Combine peanuts with oil and honey, and pour the mixture into the food processor. Scrape down the food processor bowl, if needed, when processing the peanuts.
- Grind the peanut mixture in food processor until it’s very smooth. Do a taste test and add a touch of salt, if needed. Add more oil if needed to have desired sticky consistency.
- Store your smooth peanut butter in a sealed container in the refrigerator. It will keep for 2 weeks.
- Optional for Chunky peanut butter.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of roasted peanuts mixed with oil and honey.
- Grind the mixture until it’s very smooth, then add in the peanuts that you had set aside in number 1.
- Grind a few more seconds to come up with the chunks in your chunky peanut butter.
- Place your peanut butter in a sealed container like bottle or plastic in the refrigerator. It will keep for 2 weeks.