Suam na Mais (Corn Vegetable Soup with Shrimp)– is a healthy Corn soup with vegetables, corn and shrimps. Suam na mais is a simple seafood and vegetable soup for the family. You may also add crushed chicharon upon serving! So yummy and taste even better..
Suam na Mais
(Corn Vegetable Soup with Shrimp)
- 1 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup pork, sliced
- 1/2 cup shrimps, shelled
- 4 cups shrimp broth
- 1 cup uncooked white corn, shredded
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup Ampalaya or bitter melon leaves
- In a medium size pan, heat cooking oil and sauté garlic until fragrant.
- Add chopped onions and sauté until soft.
- Add in pork and shrimps and sauté until slightly brown.
- Add shrimp broth and bring to a boil. Simmer until pork is tender.
- Put in the corn and simmer until corn is cooked.
- Add in the Ampalaya leaves, simmer for another minute then serve hot.