Chopsuey Binakol, another version of binakol recipe aside from the famous Chicken Binakol. Mixed vegetables flavored with buko and its juice with boneless chicken, liver and other spices. Chopsuey Binakol is a simple, healthy and delicious recipe you can try anytime for your family or even for special gathering like Fiesta! It is a Bicol native delicacy and indeed a unique native recipe. This Chopsuey Binakol is also serve in one of the famous native restaurant in Naga, Bicol at 1st Colonial Grill. Cook it today!
Chop Suey Binakol Recipe
¼ lb boneless chicken
2 tsp garlic
2 tsp cornstarch
2 tbsp oyster sauce
½ piece cabbage, quartered
1 cup red bell pepper, sliced
1 small baguio beans, slice in slant
1 cup carrots, sliced
1 cup Chayote, sliced
1 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup chicken liver, sliced
Coconut, meat cut into 1-½” x 1/4” stripes
1 shrimp bouillon
1¼ cup buko water
salt and pepper
1 tsp sesame oil (optional)
Toasted garlic, garnish
- Saute the garlic and onion. Add the boneless chicken and saute for 2 minutes
- Put-in the chicken liver and let cook for 3 minutes more
- Pour in the shrimp bouillon, buko water and bring to a boil. Cover the pot and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the oyster sauce and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Put-in the baguio beans and cabbage then mix well.
- Add the carrots, chayote, and bell pepper. Cover the pot and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
- Dilute the cornstarch in a little bit of water then pour mixture in the pot. Mix well until sauce is thick. Add sesame oil and mix. Sprinkle toasted garlic before serving.
- Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!