Chicken ala king is inspired from Mc Donald’s favorite sulit meal that was endorsed by Maine Mendoza and Alden Richards or Aldub.
And because it’s trending high, I decided to give it a try. Mas masarap pa sya sa Mc do version, promise.
Here’s my adaptation, I added 1 or 2 twist on the ingredients though. My own rendition of Chicken ala King!
I use cassava starch whenever I’m frying some chicken meat, the starch gives a unique crunch for the crust and it doesn’t burn easily compared to flour. Plus, it taste better and smells oh so good while you fry it.
Chicken ala King (Mc do Style)
1 Kilo Chicken breast fillet
1 cup fresh milk (or evaporated milk)
¼ cup greek yogurt (optional only)
1 chicken broth cube
400 Grams Farmland frozen mixed vegetables (Green peas, corn and carrots)
2 packs Nestle All purpose cream
5 cloves of garlic, minced
1 white onion, minced
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Pepper
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried parsley
1-2 tbsp butter
2 eggs (beaten)
100 grams cassava starch* (or flour)
500 grams panko bread crumbs
1. Using a chopping board, slice butterfly shape fillet into 2 and pound chicken breast fillet.
2. I pounded it using mortar in the chopping board and covered the chicken with plastic on top to flatten the meat.
For the Marinate:
3. Marinate chicken with crushed chicken cubes (crushed it to turn into powder), sprinkle it on chicken until melted and flavour is absorbed by the chicken, add salt and pepper. Pour 1 cup of milk. I added plain greek yogurt since I have extra in the chiller. It’s more delicious, but it’s only optional. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes.
For the Creamy white sauce:
4. In a wok, saute onion and garlic in butter in low heat until cooked. Add frozen mixed vegetables and saute for few minutes. Once vegetables are partly cooked, add 2 packs nestle cream. Simmer and keep on stirring to avoid sticking on the bottom. (Use low heat) I want it creamy so I didn’t add any milk, but you can add a little bit milk if you prefer. Add salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle dried basil leaves and parsely. Mix and turn off heat and set aside.
For the Chicken Fillet:
5. Prepare 3 bowls, and place cassava starch, beaten egg, and panko bread crumbs in each separate bowl.
6. Roll marinated chicken fillet in cassava starch or flour. Then dip it in egg, let extra egg mixture drip from chicken and roll it in breadcrumbs. Prepare sauce pan with 2-3 cups heated oil.
7. Once oil is boiling hot, lower the flame and start deep frying each chicken.
8. I fried it one at a time, and remove it from oil (using tongs) once golden brown (it takes about 3-4 minutes). Let oil drip and use paper towels to drain extra oil from chicken.
Serve it with the white sauce on top. My family enjoyed it..yummy!
You may also try our:
Credits: Carla Shen Arimadon
Thanks for dropping by our website!
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.