Chicken Caldereta is another unique version of Filipino favorite recipe. Chicken instead of beef. Chicken Caldereta version of Kalderetang Baka.
CHICKEN CALDERETA 2
- 1 kilo chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1/4 cup vinegar or pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 500 grams Del Monte tomato sauce
- 1 small can Reno liver spread
- 3 medium-sized potatoes, cut into cubed
- 1 piece red and green bell pepper, cut into cubed
- 1/2 cup Eden cheese, grated or cubed
- cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium-sized carrot, cut into cubed(optional)
- 1 piece red chili (siling labuyo), chopped(optional)
- 2 pieces bay leaf(optional)
You may also include hot dogs cut diagonally and green peas if you prefer.
- In a bowl, marinate chicken in soy sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper for 30 minutes.
- In a pan heat oil and fry potatoes and carrots until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and sauté garlic and onions until translucent.
- Add chicken and continue sautéing until light brown.
- Pour marinade, tomato sauce and water then simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add liver spread, potatoes, carrots, chili and bell pepper then cook for 2 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning according to taste then add grated cheese. Mix until cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat then serve hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!