Have you tried Pancit Molo of Iloilo? This recipe is an authentic Filipino dumpling soup that originated in Molo, Iloilo. When in Iloilo the locals recommends, Kap Ising Pancit Molo. This is the famous place, if looking for the best Pancit Molo.
“Kap Ising Pancit Molo” serve the most delicious traditional Pancit Molo of Iloilo.
So why it is even called pancit molo, even if there is no pancit ingredient in this soup?Actually, the noodles takes the shape of flat wanton wrappers that envelopes plump meatballs.
It is cooked in a rich stock of chicken, pork and shrimp. So the wanton wrapper becomes the actual pancit. Namit! (means delicious in Illongo)
How to Wrap a Wonton/Molo
Pancit Molo ng Iloilo Recipe
- 1 pack molo (or siomai/wonton) wrappers
- For Molo Fillings:
- 300 grams ground pork
- 200 grams shrimp, peeled, chopped (reserve head for later)
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 fresh egg
- **Mix and Combine these ingredients and wrap in molo wrappers
- For Boiling Chicken:
- 1 whole chicken, or chopped chicken
- 12 cups water
- 1 cup shrimp head
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 large onion, chopped
- fish sauce and white pepper, to taste
- For Garnish: Spring onions, toasted garlic and sesame oil
- In a stock pot, add chicken, water, shrimp head, celery, carrot, onions, fish sauce, and ground white pepper to taste. Bring it to a boil and just let it simmer for 1 and half hour.
- Once the chicken is cooked and tender, removed from pot, let it cool (reserve broth). Chop it and start shredding the meat (do not include chicken skin). Set aside.
- Use a strainer and remove the remaining ingredients in the chicken broth. You will only use the broth.
- Season broth with fish sauce and pepper.
- Bring it to a boil and start adding the dumplings, shredded chicken meat for about 3 minutes or just until the dumplings are cooked.
- Your dumplings are hot and ready to serve. Garnish it with lots of chopped spring onions, toasted garlic and a little sesame oil. Enjoy!
Pancit Molo ng Iloilo (Tagalog Version)
1 pack molo (or siomai/wonton) wrappers
Palaman ng Molo:
300 grams giniling na baboy
200 grams hipon, peeled, chopped
½ teaspoon paminta
5 butil ng bawang, tinadtad
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 teaspoon asin
Pagsama samahin at ibalot isa isa. Isantabi
Sangkap sa Paglalaga ng Manok:
1 buong manok, (or chopped)
12 cups water
1 cup ulo ng hipon
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
2 large onion, chopped
fish sauce and white pepper, to taste
Garnish: spring onions, toasted garlic and sesame oil.
1. Ilaga ang manok kasama ng lahat ng sangkap sa paglalaga gamit ang mahinang apoy sa loob ng isa’t kalahating oras.
2. Haguin ang manok sa pinakuluan at tangalin ang balat. Himay-himayin. Isantabi muna.
3. Salain at tangalin ang ibang sangkap na natira sa pinag-lagaan na sabaw ng manok upang sabaw lamang ang matira.
4. Timplahan ng patis at paminta. Season with fish sauce and white pepper.
5. Pakuluin muli at ilagay ang mga dumplings, hinimay na manok sa loob ng tatlong minuto o hanggang sa maluto ang dumplings.
6. Isalin sa bowl at maari ng ihain! Lagyan ng tinadtad na dahon ng sibuyas, toasted bawang at konting sesame oil.
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.