Arroz ala Cubana a classic dish that originated in Spain adapted by our ancestors probably way back the Spanish invasion.
Arroz ala Cubana is a dish distinguished with rice, ground meat menudo, fried banana plantains, and fried egg on the side. These is one of my favorite menu.
Since when did you last cook Arroz ala Cubana? This a sure hit to your family. Everyone will surely love this combo meal.
Arroz ala Cubana
1 kilo ground beef (or pork)
⅓ cup raisins
1 carrot, diced
1 potato, diced
½ cup frozen green peas
¼ cup corn kernels (raisins if not corn)
1 medium yellow onion, minced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 medium tomato, diced
3 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
6 pieces fried banana (saba) sliced
fried eggs (sunny side up style)
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Use a large pan, sauté onion, garlic, and tomato
2. Once tomato becomes soft, add-in ground beef. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Add tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, potatoes, carrots, corns and raisins. Stir and then cover the pan. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until the liquid evaporates.
4. Uncover and then put-in the green peas. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes in low to medium heat.
5. Arrange in individual plates with steamed rice, fried bananas, and fried egg.
Serve. Share and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.