Baby Potatoes in Sour Cream and Chives Salad is a simple side dish salad to match any fried chicken menu.
Try to serve this, and your husband won’t ever forget the Baby Potatoes in Sour Cream and Chives Salad of yours. He will keep on requesting this whenever he feels like devouring a salad with any fried main menu. I didn’t know at first, but after I made one. He just can’t get over the salad I made years back.
So here I made another bowl, and my family loves it with fried chicken fillet!
Baby Potatoes in Sour Cream and Chives Salad
1/4 kilo baby potatoes
1 tbsp chopped chives
5 tbsp sour cream powder (SM Bonus)
1/4 cup plain greek yogurt (optional)
1 pack nestle all purpose cream (chilled)
salt and pepper to taste
Pinch of sugar
Parmesan cheese or any grated cheese for garnishing
1. Wash the baby potatoes thoroughly to remove the dirt and mud on the skin.
2. Boil the potatoes in medium heat for 10 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat and pour tap or cold water to stop the cooking process and avoid overcooking.
3. Slice the potatoes into halves. I prefer to leave the skin on the potatoes.
4. Okay, so chives is basically spring onion. You can find them at supermarkets sold in bundles of 7-10 pcs for Php 15 pesos. Use the part 1/2 inch near the bulb. It’s usually the part where the stalk turns white and chopped it to small pieces.
5. In a bowl, combine all purpose cream, sour cream powder, pinch of salt, pinch of sugar and pepper powder. Combine them well until all incorporated. Then do some taste test..once you’re all set with how it taste. You can then start adding your sliced cooked baby potatoes.
6. Garnish it with chopped chives and parmesan. Chill and serve!