Kuboos or Arabic Bread or also known as Khubz belongs to the group of yeast-leavened flat breads that is round in shape and baked using wheat flour. Kuboos or Arabic Bread is a common bread in Mediterranean and Middle East Countries.
The Western term pita is sometimes used to refer to various other types of flat breads that have different names in Mediterranean or Middle east countries. It includes Arabic bread or kuboos, Syrian bread, and other names such as Greek pita. – Wikipedia
Kuboos or Khubz Arabi Recipe (Arabic Bread)
- Wheat Flour – 4 Cups
- Warm Water – ½ Cup
- Yeast – ½ tsp
- Sugar – 1 dessert spoon
- Milk – 1 Cup
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Salt – As Required
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water, add sugar and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- You may notice it will turn frothy. Combine it with the wheat flour and salt. Gradually add the milk and knead it to form a consistent dough.
- During the process of kneading, dust your working table with flour to enhance the softness of your kuboos.
- After kneading the dough, coat oil into the dough. Transfer into a large bowl, cover it off with a wet towel. Set it aside for two hours. Make sure to keep it in a warm place. (In two hours your dough should double in size.)
- Punch down the dough gently to release air. Then go for a simple kneading process. You can shape medium sized round balls out from the dough and roll them using your rolling pin.
- When rolling the dough balls, make sure that the rolls have at least double the thickness compared with that of regular chapattis. Keep on dusting some wheat flour for ease in rolling process.
- For Oven: Heat oven to 246°C (or 475°F). Place dough rounds directly on to oven racks (or place metal racks in the oven). Bake for about 2-5 minutes until the dough puffs into a mound. Then turn heat to broil for a few seconds to lightly brown the top. Remove to cool and repeat process for remaining dough.
- For Cooking Pan: heat up a non stick pan over medium heat and cook the kuboos on it.
- After some ten seconds of time, flip it over. Keep on flipping it over from side to side until you see its puffing up.
- Continue the process of flipping to each sides until you start to see them cooked through. Remove them from the pan and transfer to a serving plate.
- Happy cooking and enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
Credits:@betterman1717 and Raychan