Prep Time: 10 mins
Yields: 1 dozen half- pint jars
Cook time: 45 mins.
Banana Bread in a Jar
• 2/3 cups Apple Sauce
• ½ cup Raw honey
• 3 Egg whites
• 3 ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
• 1/3 cup water
• 3 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
• 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1 tbsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp salt
• ½ tsp ground cloves
• 2/3 cups pecans, crushed
• 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare the mason jars by greasing the insides if the jars with coconut or olive oil spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ground cloves, flaxseed and salt.
3. In a large bowl, with a hand mixer, beat bananas until smooth. Add egg whites and beat until combined. Gradually mix in applesauce, honey and water.
4. Mix dry ingredients into banana mixture; stir in pecans.
5. Spoon batter into mason jars, filling ½ way. *Wipe off any spills on the jars before baking. Do not add the lids. * Tip: you can also pour the batter into a gallon size bag with a hole cut in the corner and pipe batter into the jars.
6. Line the jars on a baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minute until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Note: You can also line the jars up in the oven without the baking sheet.
7. Remove the jars from the oven and screw on the lids and rings to the jars with they bread is cooling. The jars will seal as the bread cools down. If you don’t, press on the lid to see if it is firm. If it doesn’t “give”, its sealed. Also, if the bread bakes above the rim of the jar, don’t worry! Just gently press the top if the bread down with the lid and seal.
8. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week or eat while cooled! Can also be stored in freezer for a few months.
You can also bake it in two 9 x 5-inch bread pans for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick interested in the centre of the bread comes out clean.
You may also try our:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.