Beef Bourguignon of France or also known as Beef Burgundy is a beef stew in red wine. It is often braised with Burgundy wine, beef stock, with carrots, onions, garlic, a “bouquet garnish”, pearl onions, mushrooms, and bacon. Wikipedia
Beef Bourguignon Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. cubed stew meat
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. button mushroom (Cleaned left whole)
- 1 lb. white pearl onion, peeled
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups red wine (Preferably Burgundy Wine)
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a bowl, mix flour, salt and ground black pepper.
- Roll and coat beef cubes with flour mixture.
- Melt the butter in wok over medium heat.
- Add the meat and brown well on all sides using medium to high heat.
- Add the onion, carrots, mushrooms, red pepper, and garlic to it.
- Sauté for 5 to 10 minutes, or until onion is tender.
- Add the wine, bay leaf, parsley, and thyme.
- Bake, covered, at 350°F for 2 – 1/2 hours. or Note: Or Braise it in stove, crockpot, or instant pot, until the beef becomes very tender. (Adjust liquid as needed in small increments)
- Remove cover and bake for 30 more minutes.
- If needed add more wine, chicken broth, or water.
- Garnish with parsley and crumbled bacon. Enjoy!