Beef Bourguignon of France or also known as Beef Burgundy is a beef stew in red wine. Mis often braised with Burgundy wine, beef stock, with carrots, onions, garlic, a bouquet garni, pearl onions, mushrooms, and bacon. Wikipedia
Beef Bourguignon Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 lbs cubed stew meat
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb button mushroom (Cleaned left whole)
- 1 lb white pearl onion, peeled
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups red wine (Preferably Burgundy Wine)
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
1. In a bowl, mix flour, salt and ground black pepper.
2. Roll and coat beef cubes with flour mixture.
3. Melt the butter in wok over medium heat.
4. Add the meat and brown well on all sides using medium to high heat.
5. Add the onion, carrots, mushrooms, red pepper, and garlic to it.
6. Saute for 5 to 10 minutes, or until onion is tender.
7. Add the wine, bay leaf, parsley, and thyme.
8. Bake, covered, at 350°F for 2 – 1/2 hours. or Note: Or Braise it in stove, crockpot, or instant pot, until the beef becomes very tender. (Adjust liquid as needed in small increments)
9. Remove cover and bake for 30 more minutes.
10. If needed add more wine, chicken broth, or water.
11. Garnish with parsley and crumbled bacon. Enjoy!