You got to try this killer Chili Beef/Chilly Beef today, a common dish in China, India, Bangladesh and Pakistan countries. Once you try it, you can’t stop making it.
Chili Beef Recipe
- Sirloin Beef – 250 grams (thinly sliced)
- White Onion – 2 sliced
- Tomato – 1 sliced / cubed
- Cloves of Garlic – 5 chopped
- Green Chilies – 4 chopped (Siling Haba)
- Bell peppers – chopped (red & green)
- Soy sauce – 2 tbsp
- White pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Chicken stock cube – 1 )
- Spring onions(chopped) – 2 tbsp
- Corn flour (alternatively cornstarch)
- Egg – 1
1. Mix together 1 tbsp of soy sauce, 1/2 tsp each of black and white pepper powder, 1 egg and enough cornflour to make a good coating or batter. Marinate the beef with the above mixture for about 10 mins.
2. Deep fry beef in hot oil, until golden brown. Remove and drain the oil.
3. In the same pan heat 1 tbsp of oil put the chilly-garlic chopped on medium heat and then saute onion and then add sliced tomato.
4. Dissolve the chicken stock cube in one cup of boiling water and add it to the pan.
5. Add bell peppers and the remaining 1/2 tbsp of white pepper, 1/2 tbsp of black pepper, 1 tbsp of soya sauce and 1 tsp of sugar.
6. Bring it to a boil. Add the fried beef pieces.
Allow it to cook for a few more mins, until the gravy thickens.
7. Add the chopped spring onions and stir for 10 secs and remove from heat. Serve, share and enjoy!
Note: Check while adding salt as the Soy sauce and stock provides enough salt.
You may also try our:
Bibingkoy Recipe ng Cavite