This Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe or Banana Cake Recipe is so perfect! The chocolate chips actually improved the taste but did not over power the banana flavor. Everything is just right.
Remember that each oven varies, so you should be checking on your bread at around 45 minutes and you should be on the watch on what time you get the perfect bake. Doneness will vary so check it 5-10 minutes early than the prescribe time.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Happy baking!
Chocolate Chips Banana Bread Recipe
(Makes 1 loaf)
- 1/2 cup butter (equivalent to 1 stick of butter), softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 165°C
In a large bowl, whisk the melted butter and sugar together.
2. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix well. Set the wet ingredients aside.
3. In a separate large bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together.
4. Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
Add in the mashed bananas and mix until just combined.
5. Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
Spread evenly into a greased 9 x 5 loaf pan.
6. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. If you stab a chocolate chip, try again. It might be done even if you have chocolate goo on your tester.
7. Cool the loaf in the pan for at least 15 minutes before cutting into it.
Enjoy and happy baking!
*To prevent it from toasting on top cover the top with a foil @ 20minutes time stamp. Each oven may vary in heat, I am using an electric oven so it may be different than traditional oven. You need to watch over as it bakes to prevent toasting.
You may also try our newest recipe:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.