Creamy Lengua Estofado ala Contis
2 lbs lengua
½ stick butter
8 pcs fresh button mushrooms, chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
6 whole peppercorns
1 onion, quartered
1 tsp salt
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 bay leaves
1. Boil the lengua in unseasoned water for about 30 to 45 minutes. The white filament covering the lengua should be visible.
2. Remove the lengua from the pot and allow it to cool off. Once it has cooled off, discard the white filament and the water.
3. Place the lengua in a pot with water, garlic, peppercorn, onion, salt and bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Cover and let it simmer for about 3 to 4 hours until it becomes tender. If you are using a pressure cooker, it might take between 1 to 1 ½ hours.
4. Remove the lengua from the pot and let it cool off. Slice the meat in discs and set aside. Set aside the broth.
5. Combine the cream of mushroom soup and 3 cups of broth in a pan. Bring to a boil and simmer until there are no more lumps.
6. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes. Add the lengua and continue simmering until it is heated through.
7. Put the butter in the pan. Mix together. Turn off the heat.
Thank you for dropping by our website! Please subscribe to our daily recipe notifications.
Don’t forget to Pin us to PINTEREST. You can comment your question there and we’ll be glad to answer your question or feedback about the recipe.
The star ratings are for those who tried to cook our recipe. Kindly rate back the recipe if you tried it and you’re satisfied.
Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.
Image by @macalejandre