Thinking of what to cook for a special occasion, holiday season or a special gathering? Master the art of cooking another version of Lengua Estofado in creamy white sauce.
Creamy Lengua Estofado ala Contis
2 lbs lengua (beef tongue)
½ stick butter
8 pcs fresh button mushrooms, chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
6 whole peppercorns
1 onion, quartered
1 tsp salt
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 bay leaves
1 cup flour
cooking oil for frying
1. Boil the lengua in unseasoned water for about 30 to 45 minutes. The white filament covering the lengua should be visible.
2. Remove the lengua from the pot and allow it to cool off. Once it has cooled off, discard the white filament and the water.
3. Place the lengua in a pot with water, garlic, peppercorn, onion, salt and bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Cover and let it simmer for about 3 to 4 hours until it becomes tender. If you are using a pressure cooker, it might take between 1 to 1 ½ hours. Reserve some broth.
4. Remove the lengua from the pot and let it cool off. Slice the meat in discs and set aside.
5. Roll the slices of lengua in flour and fry it until brown on all side. Set aside to cool.
6. Make the creamy sauce: Combine the cream of mushroom soup and 3 cups of broth in a pan. Bring to a boil and simmer until there are no more lumps.
7. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes. Add the lengua and continue simmering until it is heated through.
8. Put the butter in the pan. Mix together. Turn off the heat.
Serve and enjoy!
You may also try our new recipe:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.