I am super amazed by this sweet dessert recipe! Four layers of absolute goodness, with fluffy meringue on top, rich custard filling, chilled ice cream and graham base bottom. Super yummy, all melting in your mouth!
Cooking Tips: Don’t get stuck in one flavor, you can always always re-invent with better flavors like mango or ube. You may use round or square pans to your convenient. Happy baking!
Frozen Brazo de Mercedes
4 large egg whites (room temperature)
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar (icing/powdered sugar)
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup butter
1 tablespoon sugar
4 large egg yolks
1/2 cup condensed milk
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice or vanilla
1/4 cup butter
1 pint vanilla ice cream
8-inch round container
1. Preheat oven to 120°C or 250°F. Grease and line the bottom of a 8- inch round pan. Grease and flour the paper again then spread the meringue on the pan.
2. Beat the egg whites with cream of tartar in a bowl of an electric mixer on high until fine bubbles form. Then gradually add the sugar. Whip to stiff peaks but not dry. Using an offset spatula, spread the meringue over the prepared pan making sure to fill even the edges. Use a cake comb or fork to create texture on the meringue.
3. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes. Dust with confectioner’s sugar and allow to cool until ready to use.
4. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar in a bowl. Mix well. Place the graham cracker crumbs in an 8-inch square (freezer-safe) container and evenly spread on the bottom of the pan. Put in the freezer until ready to use.
5. In a double broiler or heavy-bottomed saucepan, mix the eggs, condensed milk and lemon juice. Stir for about 30 minutes or until thick but still pourable in consistency. Add butter a little at a time until melted and blended in. Cook longer to make it thicker. Pour over the graham crust and allow to cool to room temp.
6. Leave ice cream at room temperature for about 15 minutes or until softened. Mix until consistency of soft serve ice cream. Place over the custard layer.
7. Finish the layer by putting the meringue on top of the ice cream layer. Place in the freezer for at least 4 hours before serving. Drizzle with powdered sugar on top.
Happy Baking and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website!
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.