Perfect Chocolate Cake ever from Hershey’s! Best Chocolate Cake ever. Easy to make even without an oven, you can alternatively steam this cake using a steamer. Even the frosting you can make, with just using a whisker or fork. Perfect for beginners and starter in baking. Happy baking!
Hershey’s Perfect Chocolate Cake
- For the CAKE:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa ( i used hershey’s cocoa)
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water ( i put 1 tbsp instant coffee)
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin).
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 9″ round pans.
- For steaming: Prepare your steamer and let it boil before placing your batter mixture. Steam it for 30 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean from inserting in the center. Dont forget to cover your batter mixture with foil or cloth to avoid water drippings.
- Tip: For a fluffy cake, do not open your steamer if its not over the time yet.
- Heat oven to 350°F (or 180°C)
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes, then remove to wire racks and cool completely before frosting.
- Happy baking enjoy!
For the FROSTING:
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- ⅔ cup cocoa
- 3 cups powdered/icing sugar
- ⅓cup milk ( i used fresh milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Let butter soften at room temperature.
- Add in cocoa and vanilla
- Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating on medium speed to spreading consistency.
- Add little by little milk only (1 tsp at a time) to control the thickness consistency, only if needed.
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR: