If you got plenty of Durian in the pantry, here’s one way to make use of the extras. Why not add it to your baked cheesecake. Its either you will hate it or you will like it. Why? Because its delicious but with a slight smell..
DURIAN CHEESECAKE RECIPE
Part A (Crust):
1 ¼ Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs*
2 Tablespoon Sugar
⅓ Cup Butter, Melted
*Make sure crumbs are finely grounded. Pack them into cups when measuring.
Part B (Filling):
2 (8oz) Cream Cheese
⅔ Cup Durian Flesh
2 Large Eggs
½ Cup Milk
½ Cup Sugar
1 ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
3 Tablespoons Flour
- For the crust: Combine Part A and press the mixed crumbs onto the bottom of a 9” tart pan. You may use the bottom of the glass to and press it to become firm. Chill and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F)
- For the filling: In a mixing bowl, combine milk, durian flesh and blend it well until smooth. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs one by one and blend until smooth. Add in the blended durian flesh and vanilla extract.
- Then, sprinkle in 3 tablespoons flour and mix the batter until smooth.
- Then, add the cream cheese mixture into the tart pan. Bake tart for about 40-45 minutes until the center is set.
- Remove from oven and let cheesecake cool before transferring in the the refrigerator to cool. Serve cold and enjoy!