How to make a Chiffon Cake
- 2 1/4 cup sifted cake flour
- 3 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 to 10 egg whites
You need: A 10-inch tube pan
Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
1) Prepare all ingredients at room temperature about 70°F (21°C).
2) Sift twice:
2 ¼ cup sifted cake flour
3 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3) Beat 5 egg yolks in a large bowl until pale. Gradually add and beat:
¾ cup sugar
4) Fold in and beat:
½ cup vegetable oil
¾ cup water
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1 teaspoon vanilla
5) Add the dry ingredients all at once and beat until smooth:
6) In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until very foamy and becomes double in volume.
7) Fold the egg whites into the flour mixture with spatula. Fold in gently until the color is uniform. Do not over mix though. The mixture should be very fluffy so it becomes fluffy when baked.
8) Pour it into an ungreased tube pan. Smooth the top and bake at 325°F (165°C) for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Please note that each oven may vary in heat. So make sure to be on watch. Place it in the center of the oven to equalize heat distribution and place foil on top if needed to prevent from toasting the top part (midway baking)
Reverse the cake pan to cool the cake, this will prevent deflating the fluffy cake.
9) Wait until cooled to take it out of the pan.
You may also try our newest recipe:
Thank you for dropping by our website! Have a wonderful day!