Lemongrass Roasted Chicken
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 onion, chopped
- 15 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fish sauce (patis)
- 4 tablespoon calamansi juice or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 6-8 lemongrass bulbs, bruised
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
1. Clean chicken and pat dry. Rub the whole chicken, including inside the cavity with chopped onions, garlic, salt, pepper, sugar, calamansi juice and patis and let marinade in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
2. Heat oven to 200°C. Take the chicken out of refrigerator and stuff the cavity with the bay leaves and lemongrass bulbs.
3. Put the chicken in oven and roast for 1 hour to 1 and 1/2 hours depending on the size. Add the oil to the leftover marinade sauce and baste the chicken with sauce a couple of times. Check for doneness by poking through the inner thigh and if the juices run clear it’s done. Let the chicken rest for 15 minutes before serving.
You may also try our new recipe:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.