I have to admit, I was hesitant to try this Beef and Squash Stew. But it was AMAZING! It was very flavorful and just make sure the beef is very tender! I would recommend starting the squash a little sooner. Happy cooking!
Beef and Squash Stew
1.5 lbs beef stew meat, boneless and cubed 2”
1 medium onion, chopped
1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 cup beef broth
1 bay leaf
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
2 cups cubed squash
1 tsp oil
chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- In a pan, Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Then add beef chunks; let it cook, toss and stirring it constantly, for about 5 minutes and until beef is brown.
- Next, add in the chopped onions and bell peppers. Continue to cook and stir it constantly for about 3-5 minutes and or until onion are soft and fragrant.
- Add garlic and continue to stir for 1 minute.
- Once the garlic becomes slightly toasted, add tomatoes, broth, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Let it come to a boil. Adjust heat to medium-low. Place pot cover and cook for additional 40 minutes.
- Remove pot cover, add squash and let it cook until tender. Stir occasionally and simmer for about 8 to 12 minutes.Once the sauce has thickened and the beef is fork-tender. Turn off heat.
- Remove bay leaf and serve chopped with parsley on top. Share and enjoy!
You may also try our new recipe:
Thank you for dropping by our website! Please subscribe to our daily recipe notifications.
Don’t forget to Pin us to PINTEREST. You can comment your question there and we’ll be glad to answer your question or feedback about the recipe.
The star ratings are for those who tried to cook our recipe. Kindly rate back the recipe if you tried it and you’re satisfied.
Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.
Credits: Melanie Bolen Fitness