I have to admit, I was hesitant to try this Beef and Squash Stew. But it was AMAZING! It was very flavorful and just make sure the beef is very tender! I would recommend starting the squash a little sooner. Happy cooking!
Beef and Squash Stew
1.5 lbs beef stew meat, boneless and cubed 2”
1 medium onion, chopped
1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 cup beef broth
1 bay leaf
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
2 cups cubed squash
1 tsp oil
chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- In a pan, Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Then add beef chunks; let it cook, toss and stirring it constantly, for about 5 minutes and until beef is brown.
- Next, add in the chopped onions and bell peppers. Continue to cook and stir it constantly for about 3-5 minutes and or until onion are soft and fragrant.
- Add garlic and continue to stir for 1 minute.
- Once the garlic becomes slightly toasted, add tomatoes, broth, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Let it come to a boil. Adjust heat to medium-low. Place pot cover and cook for additional 40 minutes.
- Remove pot cover, add squash and let it cook until tender. Stir occasionally and simmer for about 8 to 12 minutes.Once the sauce has thickened and the beef is fork-tender. Turn off heat.
- Remove bay leaf and serve chopped with parsley on top. Share and enjoy!