Quick and simple stir fried beef with bell peppers for your lazy week day. Super yummy! Other variety you can add (one or two choices) to this recipe are young corn, mushrooms, bean sprouts or togue, snow peas, cabbage or any other vegetables you may like.
Stir Fried Beef Recipe
- 1kg Beef sirloin, sliced thinly in tips
- 1 medium onion; finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bell peppers, julienned
- 3 tbsp oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch (slurry: dissolved in little water)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tbsp cooking rice wine (optional)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce, marinate
- 1 cup water
- Green onions, chop tip of leaves in slant
Cooking notes: if not using sirloin or very thin slices of beef, boil the beef first for about 1 1/2 hour (until tender) and then marinate it with soy sauce.
- Marinate the beef with soy sauce for about 30 minutes or 4 hours and keep inside the fridge . Just before cooking drain beef and reserve soy sauce.
- In a wok, heat oil over medium heat and fry beef quickly over high heat for about 3-5 minutes (half cook). Drain beef from oil and set aside.
- In the same wok, saute garlic, onions and ginger until fragrant.
- Add the beef and stir fry at high heat while tossing briskly. Add bell peppers.
- Then, add oyster sauce, soy sauce, cooking rice wine. Season with sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
- When the beef is well done, add in 1 cup water with cornstarch to thicken the sauce. Season with sesame oil, quickly toss it and turn off heat.
- Arrange the beef in a serving plate and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and green onions. Serve and enjoy!