A gastronomic special recipe of ultimately creamy tuna carbonara. Whet your appetite for this seafood style in white sauce pasta. This is so yummy that my other half ate about 3 plates serving size!
Just a Heads Up:
In cooking pasta sauces, the size of your pasta noodles will help you know how much thickness you need in your pasta sauce. The bigger the size of your pasta, the thicker your pasta sauce should be. Because the sauce needs an extra hold on your pasta. And it goes the other way around for thin pasta. Regular spaghetti style ussually requires a normal thickness of sauce.
Ultimately Creamy Tuna Carbonara
1000 grams Penne Pasta
2 Large cans Century Tuna in vegetable oil. Drained from oil and set aside.
1 Large Can Jolly Sliced Mushrooms, washed and drained.
2 Pack Nestle All Purpose Cream (Chilled all purpose cream makes your sauce more thick like a whipped cream)
1 Knorr Cream of Mushroom powder (sachet)
1 Head Garlic chopped finely
1 Onion chopped finely
1 Box Quezo processed cheese (grated)
4 tbsp Butter
Pinch of Salt
2 tbsp Dried Basil leaves (optional – it makes your pasta truly aromatic)
1 tbsp Dried Thymes
1 tsp Sugar
1. Cook Penne pasta according to package instructions. Put some salt and oil in water. And stir it from time to time to avoid pasta from sticking together. Though, I don’t rely on the package instructions, it usually says 12-13 minutes. But when it comes to Penne, my ideal al dente cooks about 15-20 minutes. The secret is to get a sample texture test of your penne every time.
2. Once your Penne Pasta is cooked and drained, put 1 tbsp butter and let it melt and toss it slightly into the pasta. Set it aside.
3. In a pan, sautee garlic and onion in butter until onion is transluscent.
4. Add in mushrooms, tuna chunks and pepper powder.
5. In a cup of water stir Knorr cream of mushroom until dissolve. Pour in the pan together with sauteed mushrooms and tuna.
6. Add 1-2 cups of water. Make sure not to put too much water. So pour in water little by little as the sauce thickens from cream of mushroom. *Knorr cream of mushrooms instruction is around 5 cups of water. This is for regular soup base I think.
7. Once Sauce is thick, pour in 2 packs of all purpose cream. Slowly mixing it together in very low heat.
8. Add half cup of water again. Adjust accordingly.
9. Sprinkle 1 box of grated cheese while gradually stirring. Im using non stick pan. So, just to make sure your not burning the bottom. Always set your stove in very low heat.
10. Finally, add in a pinch of sugar, dried Basil and Thyme leaves. Adjust to your preference.
Your Ultimately Creamy Tuna Carbonara is ready to serve, topped with grated cheese! Best with garlic bread and fresh lemon iced tea for your refreshments. Enjoy!
You may also try our new recipe:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.