I made this tonight to go with a fried rice. This recipe turned out just like a dish from restaurant. Easy and tasty, so much better than take out!
Honey Sesame Chicken
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped into 1-5 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp oil
- 6 tbsp flour
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- sesame seeds
- fresh green onions, chopped
For the sauce:
- 6 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp ketchup
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp cold water+ 2 tbsp corn starch
1. Whisk all sauce ingredients together, set aside.
2. Place beaten egg, 3 tbsp corn starch, and flour in three separate bowls.
3. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then flour (toss to coat), and lastly in corn starch (toss to coat).
4. Heat oil over medium heat in a large pan or skillet.
5. Add chicken and cook, stirring throughout to ensure even cooking, 5-10 minutes until cooked though.
6. Add sauce to your skillet and bring to a boil.
7. Whisk cold water and 2 tbs corn starch together in a small bowl until corn starch is dissolved.
8. Add corn starch mixture to skillet. Stir until sauce thickens.
9. Serve over rice and top with sesame seeds and green onions. Enjoy!
Note: If you like your dishes really saucy, double the sauce recipe!
Don’t forget to try our melt in your mouth cookies:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.