Best Spicy Chicken Wings ever. If you love chicken wings recipe, this recipe is simple but the combination of spices is simply delicious! Spicy Hot Wings.. Happy cooking!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes/batch
Yields: 8 to 10 servings
Spicy Chicken Wings Recipe
- 3 ½ to 4 pounds chicken wings (cut into flappers and drumettes)
- 1 tbsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- enough vegetable/canola/peanut oil for deep frying
- 2 sticks (8 tbsp./stick) butter, melted
- 1/3 cup Louisiana hot sauce – or any hot sauce you preferred.
- 2 tsp garlic powder – option
- ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine cayenne, paprika and salt with the flour.
- Roll chicken wings with the combination. Place the coated chicken wings in a plate and refrigerate for about 1 hour. The flour mixture will set and will be absorbed by the moisture of the wings.
- In a shallow pot, heat enough amount of cooking oil for deep frying over high heat.
- Let it reach up to 375 F degrees. Please be cautious when you put the breaded chicken wings into the hot oil. Do not over crowd your pot, deep fry it by batch.
- Overcrowding the pot will put the temperature down and chicken will be oily and soggy instead of crispy.
- Fry wings for about 12 to 15 minutes until wings are brown.
- Transfer cooked wings to a platter lined with paper towel to remove excess oil.
- While frying the chicken you can start working on your sauce. Place butter, hot sauce and garlic powder in a bowl and microwave on high for about 1 minute or a little longer until butter is melted. Stir and make sure the sauce is combined and smooth. Season with ground pepper.
- Immediately toss sauce chicken wings with the sauce using a large mixing bowl. Immediately serve. Enjoy!